Skywalker Speaks

Writing about my passions. Analysis of latest technology and business news.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Yesterday

As far back as I can remember in my high school days, I always wanted to be a techie dude (not to be misunderstood as a techie geek). In those early days, I had been inspired by the ranks of Bill Gates (Microsoft), Steve Jobs (Apple and Pixar), Larry Ellison (Oracle) and Scott McNealy (SUN). I used to read a lot of biographies of rich and successful people like Akio Morita (Sony), Jack Welch (GE) and Andy Grove (Intel). Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area around California is the holy place most of our kind aspires to visit some day.

Somewhere among the Halls of Nanyang Avenue, I lost my direction in life which I had set out for. The education system in university here was miserable and it never motivated me. It is solely to blame for my performance during that period. I was a typical college fellow with severe lack of studiousness and had a weakness for hard rock music (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple).

There were innumerable number of hours spent in downloading millions of gigabytes of movies, sitcoms and MP3s from P2P networks around the world. I’m sure this must have jammed the university network and sparked panic among the owners of Hollywood studios and record label companies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home