Skywalker Speaks

Writing about my passions. Analysis of latest technology and business news.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

I, me and my PC

A long time ago in a place far away from here, I happened to have been introduced to my first PC (an Intel 286) at the tender age of five. Those were the days when PCs were devoid of hard disks and ran their software from 5.25 inch floppy disks and we stared at their monochrome monitors. I used to be a gaming freak at that point of time and spent countless number of hours playing Pacman, Space Invaders, Paratrooper and Prince of Persia. I was undoubtedly the only person in the neighborhood with a PC, and this made my house a popular hangout for all the kids, resulting in agony for my parents. I used to spend a lot of time drawing those days, and those skills were highly appraised.

Almost two decades later, I find myself sitting in front of a similar but much advanced machine, in a small island close to the Equator surrounded by the Malacca Straits, Indian Ocean and South China Sea. The big difference now is that I’m not a gamer or an artist any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home